A Clean Energy Future is Possible! It's Up to Us to Keep this Momentum Going
We're more hopeful than ever. Because of your support, this work is having a real, tangible impact on individuals, communities, and households in Greater Minnesota. And we're nowhere near finished. With your continued support, you'll help us keep working in 2023 to:
- Partnerships and programs rooted in sustainability, clean energy, and shared hope for the future. Solar power to reduce poverty in our communities. Solar education and clean energy jobs for people in Central and Northern Minnesota. On-ramps to careers that will expand solar capacity across our region. Research and education to inspire the next generation to strive for more sustainable practices in energy and agriculture.Launch a majority Native-owned clean energy contracting company with our White Earth-based partners. This company will develop clean energy projects around the region and create jobs for WETCC Solar Program graduates.
- Export the Solar Internship program to more regional tribal and community colleges. Power, electric, and solar installation companies all want to hire a more diverse regional workforce. We can continue to expand education and training opportunities in our region to prepare more workers and communities for work in the growing clean energy sector.
- Reduce energy poverty and create long-term housing stability by completing more Solar for Humanity projects with Habitat partners. In the years ahead, these projects will provide on the job training opportunities for new solar installers and lower energy costs for new homeowners.
- Move forward on four, 4,000 square foot solar-powered commercial greenhouses at four rural locations, including one at RREAL’s headquarters in Backus and one in White Earth Nation. Solar greenhouses are an opportunity to address a double bottom line fighting poverty: food & energy.
- Deploy an agrivoltaics curriculum to share these innovations with young people and generate interest in the overlap of sustainable food production and solar power.
People like you make all this possible.
New partnerships rooted in growth and sustainability. Solar education and on-ramps to good jobs that will expand solar capacity across our region. Research and education to inspire the next generation to strive for more sustainable practices in energy and agriculture.
Your support has a POWERFUL IMPACT.
We must keep moving toward the sustainable future we envision. We can do this, together.